It started with a powerful relationship during Super Bowl XLV – it has grown into a passion. Following the Gary Patterson Foundation’s involvement in SLANT 45, George C. Clarke Elementary became a primary focus of Kelsey and Gary. The school’s Reading is Fundamental (RIF) project was the Foundation’s first significant initiative, and it has continued to support the George C. Clarke in impactful ways:
• Purchased new books for the children to take home;
• Supported the RIF “Ruff” program;
• Participation in weekly games of Scrabble – the Foundation donated 30 scrabble boards;
• Supported 5th grade scholarship program where they awarded $500 "scholarships" to academically deserving students for college upon their enrollment.
• Since the Foundation became involved at Clarke, the school’s passing rate on the state exams has grown from 40% to 95%. Clarke has also been recognized as an exemplary campus – one of only four in Fort Worth ISD.
The Gary Patterson Foundation has long supported the Lena Pope Home Chapel Hill Achievers in many ways, such as sponsoring football uniforms and educational trips for the kids.
The Foundation was heavily involved in the Super Bowl’s SLANT 45 initiative.
• It funded The Giving Back Team, a group of children from Presbyterian Night Shelter that renovated a Fort Worth dog park and raised awareness about abused and neglected animals.
• The Foundation provided grants to students a George C. Clarke Elementary in support of three SLANT 45 projects – an anti-gang campaign, a campus beautification project and a pajama drive for Safe Haven.
• It supported The FROGs (Friends Reaching Our Goals), which delivered cans to the Tarrant Area Food Bank. Their contributions, along with the Foundation’s matching gift, equaled over 20,000 meals for local residents.
George C. Clarke Scholarship Fund
Heroes for Children
The Learning Center of North Texas
Love Never Fails
Moncrief Cancer Institute
Salvation Army Yet Center
Santa Fe Youth Services
Score a Goal in the Classroom
Tarrant Area Food Bank Backpack Program
A Wish With Wings
The Women's Center
Battered Women's Foundation
Child Study Center
The Cliburn – Musical Awakenings
Communities in Schools
Cook Children’s / Neuroblastoma Walk
FWSO Neighborhood Art Program